Archive for food
Between August and November of 1991, the Mazal II and another tanker, the Katerina T., delivered nearly ten thousand tons of Turkish hazelnut oil and Argentinean sunflower-seed oil to Riolio, all identified as Greek olive oil. Riolio’s owner, Domenico Ribatti, grew rich from the bogus oil, assembling substantial real-estate holdings, including a former department store in Bari.
Many people know which foods we should avoid, right? But when it comes to eating healthy, what are the best foods to put into our bodies?
Need a list of non GMO companies?
Wasserlinsen stehen vor einer neuen Karriere – als Testpflanzen
für die Wasserqualität, als Futtermittel und vielleicht schon bald
als gesunder Brotaufstrich
If we didn’t have enough to worry about in the grocery aisles, with GMOs, toxic additives, and pesticide-soaked foods, we can now add a new concern: nanoparticles.
What exactly is a nanoparticle? You Sow, a non-profit consumer advocacy group, explains:
Die EU-Pläne für Saatgut würden das Ende für alte, nichtkommerzielle Sorten bedeuten.
Monsanto’s Seed Company Subsidiaries
The battle for food sovereignty is a battle we cannot afford to lose.
The big reason behind the increased sales of soy is advertising and propaganda. It’s especially interesting when you look at the fact that only a few decades ago, the soybean was considered unfit to eat – even in Asia.
Die Regierung erwartet, dass man so sogar langfristig quantitatv mehr Lebensmittel erzeugen kann und qualitativ auch mehr nach Indien, China und anderen Ländern exportieren kann.
Achtung! Genmanipulierte Nahrungsbestandteile nicht ausgeschlossen!
Proctor and Gamble
Delicious Brand Cookies
Power Bar Brand
Prego pasta sauce
(Data By Paul Short – kein Anspruch auf Vollständigkeit)
Food Democracy Now! is a grassroots community dedicated to building a sustainable food system that protects our natural environment, sustains farmers and nourishes families.
via Food Democracy Now.
Test gibt Rätsel auf: Hundefleisch in britischem Fast Food? – Aus aller Welt – FOCUS Online – Nachrichten
„Die Speisen beinhalten Fleisch, aber es war weder Lamm, noch Schwein, noch war es Huhn oder Rind. Es war kein Pferd und auch keine Ziege.“, berichtet ein Reporter von BBC3. „Momentan ist das Labor nicht in der Lage, herauszufinden, um welches Fleisch es sich handelt.“
New Information on Commercial Pet Foods and Healthy Alternatives
Here are the basics for freezing foods:
The pineberry is a white strawberry with red seeds. Pineberries are actually the oldest strawberry variety.
Organic Trade Association’s Organic Newsroom: Parents are increasingly aware of unlabeled GMOs in food
U.S. household survey finds one-third choose organic foods to avoid GMOs
Die Pizza-Pasta-Kette Vapiano kippt Essen nonchalant geradewegs in den Müll
‘Food, Inc.’ inspired Katy Norris to make a major lifestyle change: no factory-farmed meat. But how difficult is it to achieve in the real world?
In the past few years organic food has become a very serious priority for many Americans, much to the dismay of big agriculture industry forces.
In a vineyard in Enfield, 50 volunteers are tending 7,000 vines with the aim of providing white and sparkling wines to the capital’s high-end restaurants
The California Proposition No. 37 was defeated by the giant biotech companies who spent $46 million on lies and propaganda to hide GMOs in our food supply.
This is a refreshing drink that is a cool idea for your parties and ceremonies. Pomegranate is an amazing source of antioxidants. Coconut water has also extensive health benefits. The other benefit of this drink is that it has minimal amount of sugar.
I’ve received a number of questions from TakePart’s Facebook friends about various sweeteners, including stevia, Truvia, Splenda, and agave nectar. What are the pros and cons? Are they safe? What about drinks like Vitamin Water Zero and Zevia?
( Natural News )
1. Corn – Corn has been modified to create its own insecticide. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has declared that tons of genetically modified corn has been introduced for human consumption. Monsanto has revealed that half of the US’s sweet corn farms are planted with genetically modified seed. Mice fed with GM corn were discovered to have smaller offspring and fertility problems.
2. Soy – Soy has also been genetically modified to resist herbicides. Soy products include soy flour, tofu, soy beverages, soybean oil and other products that may include pastries, baked products and edible oil. Hamsters fed with GM soy were unable to have offspring and suffered a high mortality rate. Canola
3. Cotton – Like corn and soy, cotton has been designed to resist pesticides. It is considered food because its oil can be consumed. Its introduction in Chinese agriculture has produced a chemical that kills cotton bollworm, reducing the incidences of pests not only in cotton crops but also in neighboring fields of soybeans and corn. Incidentally, thousands of Indian farmers suffered severe rashes upon exposure to BT cotton.
4. Papaya – The virus-resistant variety of papaya was commercially introduced in Hawaii in 1999. Transgenic papayas comprised three-fourths of the total Hawaiian papaya crop. Monsanto bestowed upon Tamil Nadu Agricultural University in Coimbatore technology for developing papaya resistant to the ringspot virus in India.
5. Rice – This staple food from South East Asia has now been genetically modified to contain a high amount of vitamin A. Allegedly, there are reports of rice varieties containing human genes to be grown in the US. The rice will create human proteins useful for dealing with infant diarrhea in the 3rd world. China Daily, an online journal, reported potential serious public health and environment problems with genetically modified rice considering its tendency to cause allergic reactions with the concurrent possibility of gene transfers.
6. Tomatoes – Tomatoes have now been genetically engineered for longer shelf life, preventing them from easily rotting and degrading. In a test conducted to determine the safety of GM tomatoes, some animal subjects died within a few weeks after consuming GM tomatoes.
7. Rapeseed – In Canada, this crop was renamed canola to differentiate it from non-edible rapeseed. Food stuff produced from rapeseed includes rapeseed oi (canola oil) l used to process cooking oil and margarine. Honey can also be produced from GM rapeseed. German food surveillance authorities discovered as much as a third of the total pollen present in Canadian honey may be from GM pollen. In fact, some honey products from Canada were also discovered to have pollen from GM rapeseed.
8. Dairy products – It has been discovered that 22 percent of cows in the U.S. were injected with recombinant (genetically modified) bovine growth hormone (rbGH). This Monsanto created hormone artificially forces cows to increase their milk production by 15 percent. Milk from cows treated with this milk inducing hormone contains increased levels of IGF-1 (insulin growth factors-1). Humans also have IGF-1 in their system. Scientists have expressed concerns that increased levels of IGF-1 in humans have been associated with colon and breast cancer.
9. Potatoes – Mice fed with potatoes engineered with Bacillus thuringiensis var. Kurstaki Cry 1 were found to have toxins in their system. Despite claims to the contrary, this shows that Cry1 toxin was stable in the mouse gut. When the health risks were revealed, it sparked a debate.
10. Peas – Peas that have been genetically modified have been found to cause immune responses in mice and possibly even in humans. A gene from kidney beans was inserted into the peas creating a protein that functions as a pesticide.
Schwere Lobbyversäumnisse haben zu dem europaweiten Skandal um Pferdefleischpartikel in Fertignahrungsmitteln geführt. Während es in Europa üblicherweise völlig legal ist, die Verbraucher zu verschaukeln, wenn man für die passenden Gesetze sorgt, wurden jetzt die unerfahrenen Ross-Täuscher aus Rumänien zum Opfer ihrer eigenen Nachlässigkeit. Die Profis aus der Brüsseler Einflüsterungskulisse haben demgegenüber ganz andere Möglichkeiten – ohne in die Illegalität gedrängt zu werden.
weiter lesen via News • Dr. Watson – der Food Detektiv.
Lebensmittelverschwendung: Immer mehr Menschen durchforsten den Müll | DEUTSCH TÜRKISCHE NACHRICHTEN
Immer mehr Menschen suchen in deutschen Großstädten nach unverdorbenen Produkten in den Müllcontainern der Supermärkte. Gegen die Lebensmittelverschwendung könnte ein zusätzliches Datum helfen, an dem Lebensmittel ein potenzielles Gesundheitsrisiko darstellen.
HOW TO STORE VEGETABLES WITHOUT PLASTIC
What to refrigerate and what to keep at room temperature.
A critical report by NPR suggests that the Marine Stewardship Council’s certification is less than perfect.
3. Partially Hydrogenated Oil
4. Sodium Nitrite
5. Caramel Coloring
7. Food Dyes
8. Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein
landscape designer / The revolutionary composting vertical food garden that transforms your kitchen scraps into organic fertilizer for fast, abundant growth
The Garden Tower is a revolutionary self-contained garden/composting system with the potential to transform home gardening, urban gardening, and world hunger programs. Garden Tower Project is a socially-responsible company based in Bloomington, Indiana whose mission is to make that happen, innovatively, collaboratively, and affordably
Jams and jellies were and still are an excellent way to preserve fruit, and make a delicious treat that can be added to all forms of bread, hot cereal, and even cooked rice. Pectin is one of the things required to make them, it adds the gel like quality to low pectin fruit, and is one of natures best preservatives.
Berge von Lebensmitteln landen in Deutschland täglich auf dem Müll. Gegen diese Wegwerf-Mentalität und für einen Sinneswandel spricht sich die Plattform foodsharing.de aus – und bietet eine Tauschbörse für Lebensmittel.
Food waste is one of the largest and most overlooked problems of our generation. Despite the growing number of people who are suffering from hunger worldwide; supermarkets, restaurants, food factories and individuals continue to throw away millions of tons of food every year.